Friday, May 24, 2019
The History of Medicine
The Medical Museum was a great and eye opening experience. The collection was extensive, as it included items from the first alchemists all the way throughout the modern era of medicine. Today, modern medicine and religion are related, but are separated for the better of the patient. Before this modern era, church and medicine went hand and hand. this also meant, that at time the church would regulate the practice of medicine and most of the aspects. Its amazing to think what those professionals had to go through to take care of their patients, and what little they had to work with. Even then, some were still able to provide amazing results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Natural History Museum - Switzerland
I learned at this museum most from the collection of collaborative learning exhibits! Its probably sad to say but that was my favorite part...
-
I learned that Dark Matter is a really thing and not just cheesy a fiction! There were several displays in CERN explaining dark matter. We k...
-
I chose the mineralogy museum for the SREF project. It is a part of a series of museums at the university of Rome called MUST. This stands f...
-
I never realized how much this genius dabbled in. He translated his brilliance of music into the origins of the music box, and his study of...
I also thought this was interesting. For a long time medicine was just religion. Violet
ReplyDelete