Sunday, June 16, 2019

Natural History Museum - Switzerland

I learned at this museum most from the collection of collaborative learning exhibits!  Its probably sad to say but that was my favorite part of this museum.  It was fascinating how the villa that it was contained within was also one of the exhibits. 
It was crazy to see the first battery, made in 1800 by Alessandro Volta.  There were other instruments at that location that support Einstein's Theory of relativity used in the University of Geneva's Physics department.  There was also a hydraulic turbine simulation which I found particularly intriguing. 
I learned that having hands on exhibits really impacts the retention of the machines and that gear ratios are fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural History Museum - Switzerland

I learned at this museum most from the collection of collaborative learning exhibits!  Its probably sad to say but that was my favorite part...